When it comes to commercial construction, there is nothing better than the satisfaction of completing a project on time. But there are so many components that go into each project that it’s often hard to keep things on schedule. Some companies may cut corners to speed things along, but you are dedicated to providing your clients with the absolute best results. Fortunately, the experienced commercial construction consultants at George Rullo and Associates have found ways to increase project efficiency without skimping on quality.
Here is a mental checklist that you should keep in mind throughout the course of your project to ensure on time completion.
- Ask a lot of questions before getting started to ensure that you have a full understanding of your client’s goals, design preferences, budget, and timeline. This will reduce the likelihood that you will have to stop in the middle of everything and call your client for clarification.
- Create a detailed plan – the more your contractors and subcontractors have to go on, the faster the project will go.
- Know your limits and make sure that your team is capable of completing the project to your high standards.
- Make a list of the tasks that need to be completed and establish deadlines so your team members can manage their time wisely.
- Bring up any concerns immediately so you can avoid time-consuming corrections.
- Communication is key, so make sure everyone on your team knows what is expected of them. Keep your client in the loop about any potential changes.
During the construction phase
- Break your project into manageable pieces and delegate, delegate, delegate.
- Note the high-priority tasks and focus on getting them done first.
- Put some thought into which members of your team will work on each task. The right combination of skills and experience can keep your project moving at a steady pace.
- Measure twice, cut once – always a time saver.
- Don’t rush. Your clients will always prefer a quality product to a quick turnaround time.
- Pay attention to all safety regulations. It may take a few extra minutes to walk around that heavy equipment zone, but it will save you a trip to the hospital.
- Take all deadlines seriously.
- Keep a close eye on all current works-in-progress to make sure tasks are being completed in the correct order and to the highest of standards.
- Maintain good communication with your team and your client all the way through.
- Take breaks! They give your mind and body the rest they need to help you stay focused and work more efficiently.
Working smarter, not harder, is what George Rullo and Associates is all about! If you would like some additional tips on how to increase your project efficiency, then give our commercial construction consultants a call today!
Discover more useful tips for high-efficiency projects by calling 732-810-1049!